Сoncepts, business plans, feasibility studies
Making decision on construction of a power facility or realization of some actions in the field of power construction and retrofitting requires qualitative preliminary analysis of technical as well as financial and economic aspects of the investment concept under consideration.
The general principles of feasibility studies and business-plans are reflected in recommendations of a number generally acknowledged regulative documents in Russia. The recommendations of SP 11-101-95 “Procedure of development, coordination, approval of feasibility studies in the field of construction of enterprises, buildings and facilities and structure of feasibility studies” are often used in Russia. There is a similar document in Kazakhstan named SP RK 1.02-21-2007 “Procedure of development, coordination, approval of feasibility studies for construction and structure of feasibility studies”. Large Russian companies use their own standards, for example R Gasprom 035-2008 "Guidelines for the structure and organization of pre-feasibility studies in Gasprom, OJSC”.
Banks’ activity is usually based on the early foreign practices of developing the so-called “bankable business-plans” (or bankable feasibility study). Submitting such documents is usually an essential condition to start negotiations about bank participation in the project financing. The World Bank, EBRD, Vnesheconombank and Sberbank of Russia, etc. have their own requirements to business-plans.
As applied to the construction or reconstruction of generating facilities’ projects, feasibility studies should have the following sections:
- Marketing analysis of electric power and heat market in the generating facility affected area to determine its future capacity
- Multi-choice study of technical solutions on the generating facility construction
- Capital costs estimate by alternatives of the project implementation with cost diversification by construction years
- Development of the production program for a generating facility
- Elaboration of an operation and maintenance plan. Operating costs estimate by construction alternatives
- Financial modeling, investment cost-effectiveness analysis
EF-TEK, LLC has a significant experience of engineering services at the preliminary stage of investment project development. Our specialists are able to prepare a high-qualitative technical concept, business-plan or feasibility study within reasonable timeframe. During the teamwork specialists of our company developed concepts and bankable pre-feasibility studies for more than 30 investment projects, provided technical support in 20 different investment projects.